Performance tuning of Memory in Exchange Server
There are few thing needs to be consider while you find memory issue in the exchange server.
1. Configuring /3GB switch in Boot.ini file
2. Configuring /USERVA in the Boot.ini file
3. Setting registry value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\SystemPages\HeapDeCommitFreeBlockThreshold as 0x00040000.
4. Modifying ESE buffer size value as per your requirement – ADSIEDIT – Configuration Container – Services – Microsoft Exchange – OrganizationName – Administrative Groups – Servers – Servername – InformationStore – Properties – msExchESEParamCacheSizeMax.
i. The default size on servers with the /3GB switch set: 229376 (896 MB)
ii. The default size on servers without the /3GB switch set: 147456 (576 MB)
iii. The recommended maximum value with the /3GB switch set: 311296 (1.2 GB)
iv. The recommended maximum value without the /3GB switch set: 196608 (768 MB)
5. Configure the /BaseVideo in the Boot.ini file, this will reduce about 1000 PTEs in memory.
Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential. It is intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are on notice that any distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message