- Exchange 2007 CCR is limited only for 2 nodes whereas Exchange 2010 DAG is 16 node.
- Exchange 2007 CCR the node must have all of the DBs active on it, in Exchange 2010 DAG you have the option of passive/active database collocation.
- Exchange 2010 DAG offer TCP port selection and not SMB
- Exchange 2010 DAG support TCP encryption and compressions.
- Exchange 2010 DAG offer multi site resiliency as it is a mix of Exchange 2007 CCR and SCR.
- Exchange 2010 DAG management done from the GUI whereas SCR management is on the cmdlet.
- Exchange 2007 CCR must be installed when Exchange is installed, if you install the Exchange in single server or multi role mode you cannot install Exchange 2007 CCR afterwards, Exchange 2010 DAG can be installed anytime and collocated with any Exchange role
- Exchange 2007 CCR needs Windows Cluster to be setup before installation, Exchange 2010 DAG does’nt need cluster to be installed, exchange will use cluster in background which administrators need not worry . You can configure Exchange 2010 DAG after mailbox server installation which is not possible in Exchange 2010 DAG.
- Database failover to passive copy in Exchange 2010 DAG is extremely faster.