- Bring the directory service and DNS naming convention service online
- After the directory service is online bring the CAS&HUB server online. Verify any messages in its queue are delivered. If messages are stuck in the queues they can be submitted again by using below command.
- Bring the node of the primary site online.
- When both the nodes in the primary site is online the clustered mailbox server will remain in an offline state. This includes all resources that comprises the clustered mailbox server most notably its network name resource. The resource cannot come online because cluster is already online and using the same network name. This would result collision on the network.
- Clear the clustered mailbox server and its resources from the failover cluster.
Setup.com /clearlocalcms /CMSName: <CMSName>
- Check using failvover cluster management snap-in to verify that all clustered mailbox server resource has been removed.
- Enable virtual computer object (VCO) account from AD which got disabled during /ClearlocalCMS operations.
- Remove database file from CCR source as it’s obsolete the reseed the database.
Get-StorageGroup -Server <CMSNAme> | Enable-StorageGroupCopy -Standbymachine <Primary CCR ServerName>
- Check the replication.
Get-Mailboxdatabase -Server <CMSName\StorageGroupName> -StandbyMachine <PrimaryCCRServerName>
Note: Manual copying the offline database can be performed. This process dismounts the database and copies the database file to the same location on the SCR target computer. If you use this method that will be interruption in service because the procedure requires you to dismount the database
- Verify all the log files sequence are matching
- Prepare database to be mounted on primary CCR server
Restore-StorageGroupCopy –identity <CMSName\StorageGroupName> -StandbyMachine <SourceCCRServerName>
Note: The Force parameter is not used because the source is available
- Stop the SCR cluster mailbox in the DR site.
Stop-ClusteredMailboxServer <DRSCRServerName> -stopreason “Revert to original” –confirm:$false
- Again delete the DNS record and wait for DSN replication to complete if you are running multiple site and domain controllers .
- To recover the cluster in old form
Setup.com /RecoverCMS /CMSName: <CMSName> /CMSIPAdress: <CMSIPAddress>
Note: The value for CMSIPAddress must be the original IPAddress
- The /RecoverCMS operations suspend continuous replication in this case the administrator must run Resume-StorageGroupCopy for the storage group to again establish replication and replay activities
Get-StorageGroup –Server <CMSServer> | Restore-StorageGroupCopy
- The DNS TTL should be set as five minutes
Cluster.exe “NetworkNameCMSName” /priv HostRecordTTL=300
- Mount the database
Get-StorageGroup -Server <CMSNAme> | Mount-Database
Re-direct to Primary Hub & CAS Server role
- External urls need to be configured to point to the client access server in the DR site
- The mail exchange (MX) DNS record for the SMTP domain would need to be updated
- Login to Outlook and check connection with recovered clustered mailbox server. Check mails are available which are sent and received before failure