Exchange 2013 Best Practise to bring all the exchange server down for network maintenance
The best way to bring all the exchange servers into offile due to some network maintenance follow the below procedure.
1. Go to the Exchange 2013 Management Shell execute the below command. This bring down all the database
Get-MailboxDatabase | Dismount-Database
2. Go to the failover cluster manager – Expand nodes – Select the node – Right click and click pause
3. Perform the same operation on all the Exchange server node.
4. Shutdown all the Exchange server that has paused.
5. Complete the network maintenance that needs to be performed for the Exchange network
6. Power-on the server – Go to failover cluster manger – Expand node – Select the node – Right click and click resume
The above steps are best practise on bringing the server offline for Exchange 2013