Outlook Web App 2013 – Light Version.
Outlook Web App 2013 light version can support lower version browser and can connect at low bandwidth also.
To enable light version for Exchange server 2013 Outlook Web App.
From Server End execute the following powershell to get applied for end users
Set-OWAMailboxPolicy -Identity “Light OWA Users” -PremiumClientEnabled $False
Set-CASMailbox –Identity “[UserName]” -OWAMailboxPolicy “Light OWA Users”.
End user can also able to apply Exchange server 2013 Outlook Web App.by themselves
To change Outlook Web App 2013 into Light version – Log-in to Outlook Web Apps – Click on “Display Setting” (right side top corner) – Select Outlook Web App Version
The following list of features will not be available with light version on comparing them with premium version of Outlook Web App 2013
- Spelling checker, Reading pane, Conversation view
- Notifications, Reminders & Weekly calendar views
- Right-click menu & Drag-and-drop
- Resource mailbox management
- Voice mail options
- OCS integration
- Public folders
- Share a calendar, Open a shared calendar, Monthly calendar views
- Retention Policies
- Users can create and edit personal distribution lists & server-side rules
- RMS protection
- RBAC – Change user settings & Administrator settings
- Web-ready document viewing
- Nickname cache
- Message tracking
- Advanced search
- Exchange control panel
- Attach message to a message