Cluster network name resource ‘Cluster Name’ failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s) for the following reason:The handle is invalid.
If the DAG cluster name DNS record is deleted and when it created manually it fails to register.
- Go to DNS Server – Find the record ( A & Pointer record) for the cluster name resource.
- Right click and go to properties
- In the security make sure the “Authenticated users” group and Exchange Server Node name is included
- Make sure it has “Write” rights and Special permissions
- Click Advanced, locate authenticated users and click edit
- Make sure Write all properties Read permissions All Validated Writes selected
- Go to the failover clustering console bring the server offline and repair the cluster.
- When repair is completed the Cluster will become online automatically
Detail post on how cluster DNS registration works – Ref : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/clustering/archive/2009/07/17/9836756.aspx