Trying to share my experience on outlook disconnection issue normally occured while connecting to the Microsoft Exchange server. The below action steps is explained with respect to Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013 email connectivity. The same action is also applicable for earlier legacy version too.
The below screenshot are familiar outlook error message where helpdesk team looks on their daily end users calls
- Check you can able to access the mailbox using outlook web access
If it fails follow the below steps
- Check the proxy settings in the internet explorer
- Check the IP address of the client machine
- Try to ping webmail.mail.com
- Query – Nslookup webmail.mail.com
- Check on different web browser
- Add the url in the trusted site – Internet Explore
If you are still unable to login in the outlook web access then inform it to Exchange as it is Exchange Server issue not the client issue
- Check the outlook email setting – Exchange Server Name, Exchange Cached Mode, Account Name, Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Check the Outlook is in Work Offline mode
- Click the Send/Receive tab.
- Click Work Offline to turn off this feature.
- Repair the Microsoft Outlook profile
- Start Outlook.
- Click File, Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- With the Exchange email account selected, click Repair.
- In the Repair Account dialog box, click Next.
- After the configuration finishes, restart Outlook.
- Right click the outlook icon on the task – select the “Connection Status”
- Check the SMTP address, proxy server, server name, status, protocol, encrypt, req/fail, avg resp, avg proc
- Right click the outlook icon on the task – select the Test Email AutoConfiguration – Enter the Email Address and Password. Check the XML configuration
- Add the host entry in the host file for CAS server name to the IP Address – C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc